This form must be completed in advance of attending any in-person gatherings.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, I promise, with God’s help and to the best of my ability, to abide by the guidelines of the Diocese of Washington for participation in the life of my congregation according to the regathering phase in which my congregation is authorized to carry out its mission and ministry.
In fulfillment of our Baptismal Covenant, I will strive to:
Love my neighbor as myself
- Wear a mask or scarf over my nose and mouth at all times in church buildings, except momentarily to receive the sacrament or lead worship through an assigned speaking part.
- Only attend worship and receive communion if I am healthy and non- symptomatic with the novel coronavirus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another congregant;
Respect the dignity of every human being
- Make no physical contact with people beyond the members of my own household.
- Maintain a six foot or more distance from others in the congregation.
- Respect any requests for distance, masking, cleaning, to ensure the safety and comfort level of others, even as restrictions are reduced.
Seek and serve Christ in all people
- Trust and support the decisions of our congregational leaders.
- Stay connected with others in my community by telephone, email, video chat, or