Our ministries to children, youth, and their families seeks to:
- Nurture an atmosphere of belonging, unconditional love, joy, and confidence so that our young people know they are a valued and needed member of God’s family
- Provide a foundation for spiritual formation and growth that is exploratory, reflective, and practical (rather than binary and didactic) so that as young people grow older they will continue to develop a faith rooted in God’s faithfulness, curiosity, love, and unique call & purpose for each of them
- Equip families to practice their faith in their everyday life;
- Inspire a spirit of discovery and wonder for the Bible as the great story book of our faith–and not a simple book of rules and answers.
- Understand that God creates and loves our world and we are responsible for caring for it and each other.
We encourage children to be a part of our worship services each week. There are activity bags for children 10 and under in the front and rear foyers. Many parents find that sitting near the front helps their children to participate more fully. Don’t worry if your child is noisy. Their presence reminds us of all that is good in the world. Check out an online version of our “Worshipping with Children” pew card.
L.I.F.T (Living in Faith Together)
Living in Faith Together (LIFT) is our weekly, intergenerational formation hour for ages 4-99. Taking place after the 10:15 service, LIFT centers on four components: Breaking Bread Together, Playing Together, Learning Together, and Growing Together. Learn more here.
Children and youth ages 6 and older are invited to serve as readers, acolytes, ushers, and musicians.
The Prayer Buddy program, one of our most popular ministries, is a life-giving intergenerational relationship of prayer and friendship between adult parishioners and our young people. Each child and youth is paired with an adult “prayer buddy” who covenants to pray for their buddy regularly and to check-in every 4-6 weeks with a letter or small care package. Throughout the year Prayer Buddies gather at church for games, fellowship, and fun. All Prayer Buddies undergo Safeguarding God’s Children training and a background check
Our nursery is open for children 5 and younger every Sunday, 10:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m., and is staffed by a rotation of volunteers, all of whom have received certification in Safe-Child Standards. The nursery is also always looking for volunteers who are willing to serve as substitutes or as extra help on days that have particularly large attendance. Contact the church office if you are interested in signing up.
Youth Group at St. Paul’s is a welcoming, loving, and judgement-free space for young people to discover who they are, the gifts they bring, and what it means to be a follower of Jesus. We encourage questions, honesty, and authenticity and are committed to nurturing a holistic understanding of the Christian faith.
You can find nearly all of our youth taking an active role in worship as acolytes, readers, communion ministers, and Children’s Chapel aids.
Enjoying one another’s company is one of the best ways we build community and build trust. Youth Group meets on the on the 1st Sunday of the month for dinner, games, and a practical (and un-cheesy) lesson. Check out our weekly E-News for more dates and times.
Several times a year our youth engage in a project of love and service in our community, such as our county’s hunger walk, serving at the local soup kitchen, and more. The best part is that all youth projects are youth inspired and led. The youth also host the annual Breakfast with St. Nicholas and Gingerbread House Workshop in December and the “Holy Peeps” diorama contest during Lent.